FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How can a Geriatric Care Manager help you?
- Conduct care planning assessments to identify problems, and provide solutions
- Screen, arrange and monitor in-home help or other services
- Review financial, legal, or medical issues and offer referrals to geriatric specialists to avoid future problems while conserving financial resources
- Provide crisis intervention
- Act as a liaison to families at a distance, overseeing care and quickly alerting families to problems
- Assist with moving an older person to or from a retirement complex, assisted care home, or nursing home
- Provide consumer education and advocacy
- Offer counseling and support
- Some Geriatric Care Managers also provide family or individual therapy, finance management, and conservatorship or guardianship assistance and/or caregiving services
- Geriatric Care Managers have extensive knowledge about the costs, quality, and availability of resources in their community
BACK TO MAIN FAQ PAGE
Copyright © 2010 The Olive Group, LLC. All rights reserved.
This website was created by Golden Slipper Productions.